Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP), which is a free statewide health insurance counseling service for Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers.
The SHIP Mission is to empower, educate, and assist Medicare-eligible individuals, their families, and caregivers through objective outreach, counseling, and training to make informed health insurance decisions that optimize access to care and benefits.
SHIP counselors are trained to:
- Educate consumers and answer questions about Medicare,
- Medicare Supplement,
- long term care insurance,
- Medicare HMOs,
- private fee-for-service and other health insurance;
- Organize and assist in filing Medicare and Medicare Supplement claims; and
- Analyze Medicare Supplement and long term care policies.
To speak with our SHIP Counselor, contact our office at (217) 379-9281.
Lana Sample Danielle Walls
« Back To Services
© 2021 FORD COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT