TITLE: Financial Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Public Health Administrator
- Has at the minimum:
- Three years of fiscal and purchasing management or accounting experience or
- Associate degree in Business or related field
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Organized in work habits and a proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates good communications and public relations skills.
- Ability to formulate spreadsheets and other forms as required.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and is in good working condition. Documentation of current automobile insurance coverage is on file.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for administrative duties involving fiscal management, purchasing, office administration and personnel management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for the following areas either directly or by delegation:
- Serves as the assistant to the Public Health Administrator in completing grant applications and billing, accounting, preparing checks and bank deposits, originating spreadsheet applications, budgeting by collecting and compiling appropriate fiscal and programmatic data, and assisting in the analysis and reporting of collected supporting data.
- Necessary accounting procedures pertaining to control for the agency.
- Institutes record systems and report forms for office use.
- Maintains ongoing analysis of budget during the fiscal year and communicates budget status to the Public Health Administrator.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Assists the various external auditors for fiscal audits during the year.
- Supervises completion of appropriate time and costs studies.
- Responsible for preparation of vouchers for grant monies monthly.
- Serves as the assistant to the Public Health Administrator which includes accounting, preparing checks, originating spreadsheet applications, making bank deposits, doing grant and miscellaneous billing.
- Responsible for identifying program costs on a monthly and fiscal year basis.
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Directs and monitors organizational performance improvement activities
- Serves as the HIPAA compliance officer
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- General office environment
- In and out of automobile
- Work after business hours as needed
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
« Back to Jobs